Searching Forms 4.5 binaries

From: BRAMLET <bramlet_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

Platform Client: Win'95 Server: Unix.
We have approx 130 forms(fmb) and libraries(pll).Most of our business rules are implemented via database stored procedures. Whenever we enhance or modify packages and need to go back to all the forms that call those packages for testing or add/remove parameters...

We are looking for a utility that can search a list of fmb's and pll's for a string match (package name, table name...) and will pinpoint the form name and trigger/program unit?

[Quoted] [Quoted] Tried using a dos grep utility which helps pin point forms and from there, [Quoted] using forms built in Search/Replace function but this is not very dependable plus very time consuming.

Thanks
Tim

Tim Bramlet                               tbramlet_at_aol.com
VP of R&D                                 303.790.4727
Fairway Systems, Inc.