Connections pooling with IIS4 and Oracle 7.3.3

From: Cyrille Bonnet <NOSPAM_cbonnet_at_leopard.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

When accessing an Oracle 7.3.3 database from an IIS4 Web server, I wonder how my connections will be pooled. I could not find much info on this point in the documentation of these two products.

My main concern is: which software is taking care of the connections pooling and what control do I have on it?

Oracle seems to be in control (the combination of SQL/Net and the the ODBC drivers seems to provide "some" connections pooling...). But what about the Transaction Server of IIS?

As I understand it, by using the Session and Connection object in IIS, my connections will be pooled and I don't have to care about the dirty details. Mmmmh, does this work in the REAL world???

Any help or ressources reference would be welcome. Received on Tue Mar 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message