Re: Linux is booming at 300 million installations!! (Get off the high horse those who haven't tried LINUX)

From: Trane Francks <trane_at_gol.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

Tim Maloney <tmaloney_at_triton.net> wrote in article <6dv121$ifo$1_at_news2.triton.net>...
> What's all the negative press... I am an Access developer, but I
 currently
> also use Linux and I happen to think it's a great operating system. For

You and me both, on both counts.

> very stable and works well on any given network. I am also using it in
 many
> instances with Access and CGI scripting.

Our corporate Internet gateway is a Linux host. I just checked uptime and saw we've gone 65 days since the last major package upgrade (the machine has never crashed, it only gets booted when a kernel-relevant package is upgraded).

I haven't done any Access/CGI or Access/Perl stuff yet, but I'm very interested in playing with it. I've got an Access 2.0 container on the NT server that I'd like to be able to access with browsers....

trane

//   Trane Francks   trane_at_gol.com   Tokyo, Japan
//   Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.