Reusing a cda with OCI

From: Brenda Muller <bmuller_at_kenan.com>
Date: 1998/03/09

Hi,

I'm a little bit confused about reusing cursors and cdas with OCI.

Using OCI, I'm doing the following:

  1. Log on to Oracle
  2. Allocate CDA for commands
  3. Execute a series of stored procs to return sets of data using:
  4. Allocate a PROC_CDA
  5. Execute the proc from the command CDA, passing the PROC_CDA cursor as an IN OUT param
  6. Cursor through data with PROC_CDA
  7. Close PROC_CDA
  9. Close the command CDA
  10. Log off

I seem to be reusing the command CDA sucessfully. I'd like to be able to reuse the PROC_CDA by passing the same PROC_CDA to each stored proc that I'm calling. I haven't been able to get it to work, and I haven't found any examples of doing this.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reuse a cda which is passed as an IN OUT param and opened from a PL/SQL stored proc with a regular OPEN cursor FOR statement? What are the implications of using a DBMS_SQL open cursor command?

Thanks for your help,

Brenda Muller Received on Mon Mar 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message