Re: Is there a hero out there?

From: (wrong string) øgersen <danskdata_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/09

Hi,

I've read the ORACLE RDBMS Error messages and Codes Manual and the two errors are described like this:

ORA-01110: file 'name' not online

         Cause:   An attempt was made to access a file before
                        bringing it online.
          Action:  Bring the file or its tablespace online, then retry
                        the operation.

ORA-01113:  file 'name' needs media recovery starting at log
                        sequence # num
          Cause:  An attempt was made to open a database file that is in
                        need of media recovery.
          Action:  First apply media recovery to the database file
identified
                        in the error message, then retry the operation.

Hope this will help a bit......

Gitte Tøgersen
Denmark
Email: danskdata_at_hotmail.com

<19980308085001.DAA21368_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...