Re: Evaluating Designer/2000

From: Robert J. Garza <rgarza_at_resdyn.com>
Date: 1998/03/09

I tried doing that a few weeks ago, (I'll be leading a group of Oracle novices into new
development), but there isn't. The only way I found was to sweet-talk my Oracle rep in bowworing the CD. Remember that Des2k is HUGH with lots of scripts and an 'interesting' installation. I knew I didn't have enough space to install it, so I read through the help files. In addition, many people feel that depending on the size of the project and team, you may need a Des2k DBA and an regular Oracle DBA.

I was hoping that Des2k would insulate the newbies from all of the many nuances of Oracle and to concentrate on design. I think think it would work under that right situation. (Lots of DBA and Oracle support)

MBB <mborri_at_smatteo.pv.it> wrote in article <34FFB973.ACD63560_at_smatteo.pv.it>...