Re: Linux is booming at 300 million installations!! (Get off the high horse those who haven't tried LINUX)

From: Tim Maloney <tmaloney_at_triton.net>
Date: 1998/03/08

[Quoted] What's all the negative press... I am an Access developer, but I currently [Quoted] also use Linux and I happen to think it's a great operating system. For those of you that have the big problem Linux, Have you ever used it? I happen to have it running on 3 servers. Using it as an e-mail, web, and IP Masquerading server. The operating system is NOT just for hackers! It is [Quoted] very stable and works well on any given network. I am also using it in many [Quoted] instances with Access and CGI scripting.

I understand if you don't want people selling stuff in the group, but DON'T go dogging the operating system because it's very powerful!!!

Tim
tmaloney_at_triton.net
Alliance Consulting

gorby_at_kgb.kremlin.kom wrote in message <3500b72d.1357235_at_news.interconnect.net>...
>On Fri, 6 Mar 1998 17:16:47 -0500, "A.E.Vervaeke" <alanv_at_opustel.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Listen, you loser. When and if LINUX (sounds like a cheap vacuum cleaner)
>>ever has Oracle officially ported to it, and it is easily set-up and used,
>>come back and visit us. In the meantime, keep this garbage out of here.
 This
>>is a technical forum for people to get answers to questions - not a
>>receptacle for useless drivel that is better suited to the back pages of
 of
>>Hacker Magazine...
>>
>>Sign me as an Oracle Bigot on a real machine.
>>Alan V
>
>Well, at least you could have snipped it. Here...
>
>[snip-o-rama]
>--
>Access FAQ list (in no particular order):
>http://home.att.net/~dashish
>http://www.hammerdata.com/Newsgrp/
>http://odyssey.apana.org.au/~abrowne/
>http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~trevor/AccFAQ/idxbar.htm