Re: Stupid newbie question about foreign keys

From: Michael Janos <mjanos_at_shoal.net.au>
Date: 1998/03/06

I have just done something similar, but I am a newbie too and not strong enough in PLI to do this and did it in VB instead.

What you do is look up table sys.all_constraints for constraints of constraint_type 'R'. This will give the constraint name and the name of the constraint in the foreign table. Next look up the table sys.all_cons_columns for the particular constraint_names and you will get a list of columns included in the constraint column.

Michael Janos