Non-columnar output possible from SQL/PLUS ?

From: Bernie Kopelove <bkopelove_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

Does anyone know of a setting in SQL/Plus that will produce output with trailing blanks removed from each field such that the columns don't line up? I am using Oracle 7.3.

I use the COLSEP parameter to produce Tab delimited rows like this:

You may e-mail me at the following address, but remove the word "nospam_" first: nospam_bkopelov_at_csc.com TIA,
-Bernie Received on Fri Mar 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message