RE: search engine on ORACLE

From: <welling_at_odars.de>
Date: 1998/03/06

Shim-mi, Koh wrote:

>As time goes on, the needs to search in whole system became bigger and
>bigger. Our aim is making a search engine in our Oracle server.

Hi there.

One approach would be to convert the ORACLE database into a fulltext indexed (i.e. compiled) web database. We have produced a web-publishing system, ODARS2web, with which you can import ACCESS, ORACLE, SQL databases,  index and compile them according to your needs, and publish them on the Intranet/Internet. After Installation (and comprehension ;) the whole process is done in minutes. Web databases thus installed/published may be updated by automatic schedule. Searching this database is FAST! since all possible search terms are stored in index lists, valid search terms may be directly picked from the index lists (no wrong queries), result web pages (browse/profile and full document view) are created on the fly etc. No HTML / Perl / CGI programming required.

If you want to check it out, there is an [unlimited] trial version available at our website. Go directly to

http://www.odars.com/english/soft_e.htm

and download a copy if you like.

Regards

-->