Re: [For forms GURU] Forms Crashing after schema change

From: Phillip Levy <nwo_at_bigpond.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

Yes, I have found a similar problem - you have the fix - recompile with compile_all ON.
Try to develop a method of automating the recompiles.

As we werent using libraries as extensively as you, we didnt have as many problems - I principally found that when I aded to a constants package inside a library (.PLL) I needed to recompile. I felt that this was because the binary was somehow being indexed to look at particular addresses in the module, but that these addresses were changing when the code was changed.
Hang on - doesn 4.5.7 allow compilation of libraries (its been a while since I used Forms)?
I beleive that this is a feature that will fix this problem. If you recompile your librbrary post-change into a (from-memory) .PLX, then you may not have these problems

HIH
Lee Levy
Don't spam me!

tim_at_van.oz.au wrote in article <6dft1o$vsc$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>... ...