Re: Oracle Apps and Forms 4.5

From: Dennis M. Hancy <dw724_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 1998/03/05

In a previous article, p_jhansi_at_hotmail.com (Jhansi Rani) says:

>Dennis M. Hancy wrote:
>>
>> I have a Forms 4.5 file that I want to use in Oracle Apps. I created this
>> form by opening a file called template.fmb and then modifying it to
>> include the table I need to refer to. Now, when I start Oracle Apps and
>> open up my fmb file, I get a block that was included in the original
>> template. What changes do I need to make to this template so that the block
>> I created is displayed, rather than one that existed as part of the
>> template? Help!!
>>
>> Dennis Hancy
>> Eaton Corporation
>Well, What I understand is that you did some changes to your
>template.fmb and it is not reflected in oracle apps.
>
>If so then one reason may be that template.fmx may not be generated
>again. Either run the form from forms4.5 or open it and press ctrl T to
>generate fmx (executable).
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Regards
>Jhansi

Thanks for writing back. Here's what I did:

  1. Open up template.fmb in Forms 4.5
  2. Add a new block that points to my table (including the necessary triggers and canvas)
  3. Save the Form as a new name
  4. Generate the form to create <newname>.fmx
  5. Start Oracle Apps and open up my new form.

The form (the block) that I then see is one of the many blocks that existed in the original template.fmb.

My question is... how do I make the form display *my* block as opposed to one in template.fmb?

One of my co-workers suggested that I *need* to start with template.fmb because this file contains the necessary libraries I'll need to run it under Oracle Apps. I can accept this, but why do I need to keep all those extra blocks arounds? For this simple form I am creating I have no need to store those other blocks in my form.

Is there a way to include the needed libraries without keeping all those other blocks in my code? I tried deleting them, but it wouldn't let me.

Dennis Hancy Received on Thu Mar 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message