Re: Which Browser for D2k Web?

From: Terje Sannum <ts_at_nextel.no>
Date: 1998/03/05

"Tommy Yuen" <yuent_at_hk.super.net> writes:

> Is any one using Dev/2000 on the Web? Any the performance problems?

Yes. The applet is huge and does not run very optimal. I would consider other solutions if you are thinking about developing a new application. If you already have a Forms application you want on the web, WebForms might be an option.

In message <Pine.GSO.3.95.980218103500.28646A-100000_at_utah> Sam Skrivan had a good list of things to you should consider before choosing to develop with WebForms.

> Which browser version is OK?
>
> I've try IE4.01 and Netscape 4.04 but both cannot run
> the Java 1.1 client properly.

Netscape 4.04 needs the JDK 1.1 update, but IE4 should work. On IE4 i've seen a security exception if the applets wants to alert the user with a beep. You can get around this by turning of sound with adding 'quiet=yes' as an option to the applet:

<param name="serverArgs" value="module=yourmodule quiet=yes">

--
\\\\ Terje Sannum <ts_at_nextel.no>
//// Now playing: The Klinik / The Klinik