Re: SQL Question: CHECK constraint or trigger?

From: Andrew Barnett <nobody_at_nospam.bp.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

you can use a before-every-row trigger to cache the updated/inserted nameids in a package pl/sql table, and then use an after-statement trigger to ensure that only one is current. mail me for an example.

still, never sure about this sort of table design. perhaps would be better to have a table name_current_address, with 1 row per nameid, and foreign key refs to name and address tables. alternatively, you could have an current_addressid foreign key in the name table, but I'm equally unsure about the advisability of this kind of circular relationship.

--
Andrew - Wizzard

barnetaj_at_bp.com