Re: Would you recommend Oracle on HP Unix D class servers?

From: ctp <y_at_j.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

I have some experience with Oracle DB administering. My database had 2,500 users. Therefore, instead of going into Specifics, What kind of a Line (Channel) do you use for WAN? remember Bandwidths can constrain the speed too. Another thing that I have found that created a problem is the kind of Network card that you use, Is it Half Duplex, or is it Bi directional Full Duplex?

        I would run sar commands and monitor using top command on HP until I found the processes that are killing me and take actions to fix the problems as per HP's recommendations. Ofcourse all this holds good if the system is already running.

Good Luck,
Yogesh

Yakub <yakub_at_erols.com> wrote in article <34FB45E0.59F3_at_erols.com>...