Re: Distributing Oracle forms to clients

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

> Does anyone know if there are any tools to allow the distribution of
>Oracle forms (.fmx's) to a client machine that would allow them to run them,
>without installing the development kit?
>
> If not, does anyone know how one would go about distributing the
>necessary files (.dll's etc.) to allow a client machine to run an oracle
>form, without installing the development kit?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Jason Osborne
> josborne_at_altservices.com

On the distribution CD is a subdirectory DEPLOY, that contains instructions on how to make your own distribution package. Read the readme file - despite its apparent complexity, it really is quite easy to copy/install the files. It worked fine on the first try when I made one. However, I have not tried to get it to create program groups and icons.

I just needed to make a CD for the Oracle runtime - the application forms/reports / etc were coming a different way, so I just copied the files specific to our installation (ie, tnsnames.ora)

(I don't have the CD with me, I believe it is called DEPLOY - look on the development kit CD)

Dan Received on Wed Mar 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message