HELP: how to implement M:N in Forms 4.5

From: Patrick Demets <demetsps_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1998/03/03

[Quoted] I'm sure this question has been asked before, but just the same:

How can I implement a many-to-many relationship in Dev2K Forms?

Let's assume I have three tables:
 PROGRAM (*prog_id, prog name, ...)
 DEVELOPER (*dev_ssn, dev_name, ...)
 PROG_DEV (*prog_id, *dev_ssn)

where a program can be developed by one or more developers, and a developer can develop zero or more programs.

In my form, I have a master block (PROG_BLK, base table PROGRAM) and a detail block, where I want to display the name of all developers related to the program in the master block. I can display the dev_ssn of all developers in the detail block (from PROG_DEV), but I can't get the dev_name from DEVELOPER.

Many-to-many relationships are common in modelling. There must be a way to easily implement this in Forms. Any help would be appreciated. Reply to my email or post to the group.

Thanks,
Patrick Demets Received on Tue Mar 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message