Re: Random & time function?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/02

The system time (i.e. SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL) is only to the nearest second:

SQL> select to_char(sysdate,'HH:MI:SS') from dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'HH:MI:SS')

05:23:38

You may want to look at the DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME function for hundreths. It's header is:

function get_time return number;

  • Find out the current time in 100th's of a second.
  • Output argukments:
  • get_time
  • The time is the number of 100th's of a second from some
  • arbitrary epoch.

A combination of the two values should do the trick.

Steve Phelan (UK)