Re: Dev2K F50srv install ??

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1998/03/01

Ian Jones (ijones_at_slip.net) wrote:
: Your not doing anything wrong. Oracle seem to have left the
: web stuff out of the installer but included it on the CD.

Groan.

: (The support people claim that it isn't on the CD, but other
: people have reported they have it working so it sounds like
: its there!)

Grin.

: I don't know the details of how to hack it. The trial version
: on their website includes the web stuff in the install.

I'm using the full monty production CD and not the trial release. Maybe I should give oracle WWS a ring and find out how to install the damn thing.

: Otherwise, you will need to get Oracle to send you the web
: server. Of course, if you only evaluating it they won't since
: it is licensed separately.

[Quoted] Umm, I don't need the webserver and neither does the Des2K for the web. The listener is the bit that resides on the forms server and can theoretically be accessed by any web server - I'm using the xitami 32 bit server for prototyping purposes.

[Quoted] Odd thing is that I previously had 1.4 (or maybe 1.5) of Dev2K installed and the 'F45 runtime' install option included the forms server, whereas the Dev2K F50 runtime does not.

Anyways, thanks for the info.

IAP

--
I am using anti-spam measures, please replace 'not.valid' with 'value.net'