Form 5.0 Triggers

From: Frank W Phillips JR <FWP_at_vpha.ufl.edu>
Date: 1998/02/27

[Quoted] [Quoted] Based on a user request I am attempting to write a trigger that will [Quoted] [Quoted] commit a form record to the database after the last field is completed. The problem, I can not find a trigger that will allow this. Do_key(‘commit_form’) is a restricted procedure. When-Validate-Item and Post-Text-Item triggers only allow unrestricted procedures.

The request is to have an alert after the last field is entered that asks the user to save, edit, or remove the record. Also, this is an accounting app and if the record is not committed to the DB the next time I pull the balance from the DB it will not reflect the uncommitted record that is still pending in the block.

They also wish to have the save option display a new blank record (i.e. Next_Record;) but this too is a restricted procedure.

I have not been using Forms for long, so any help would be great. Thanks Received on Fri Feb 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message