Re: Need a Spell Checker for Forms

From: Mark Cudmore <mcudmore_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/02/27

[Quoted] If you want to do an automatic spell check of fields, I suggest using OLE2 automation with a word processor such as Word. What you do is send the text field to word (Insert), then run the spell checker. The user will be prompted by Word to correct spelling mistakes. Once the spell check is done release Word and the focus will return to your forms application. This will work great if you want to enforce the use of the spell checker.

Oracle has a good White Paper on using OLE automation with Word on it's Oracle Developer Program web site.(There is actually a specific example with a spell check)