Re: Problems with Oracle and Borland C++ Builder Client/Server

From: Blinoff Dmitry <moprok_at_ropnet.ru>
Date: 1998/02/27

Jeroen Teitsma <j.p.teitsma_at_student.utwente.nl> ÚÁÐÉÓÁÎÏ × ÓÔÁÔØÀ <01bd4105$9e6c9500$89105982_at_cs.utwente.nl.cs.utwente.nl>...
> I'm working on an database appliction under win95 with a local Oracle
> database. I'm using the latest native Borland drivers and I've set the
> vendor init to ORA73.DLL.
> In the Borland IDE I haven't any problems with working on the database.
> But when my application tries to connect to the database it raises an
> exception: Your applications is not enabled to use this driver!
> Can anbybody tell me what's going on and what I can do about it.
> All sugestions are welcome!

I've got the same message when I'm using CBuilder Professional, not Client/Server.

As I know, CBuilder Professional is complected with the same components to work with databases,
but does not allow to use SQLLinks to connect to remote ones. BDE can connect to database,
and other applications such as Desktop or Delphi CS can, but CBuilder Professional can not.
Reasonably to suppose that CBuidler CS should ...

Dmitry, moprok_at_ropnet.ru Received on Fri Feb 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message