Re: Preferred platform

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/26

To A.E.Vervaeke:

Take a piece of advice A.E.: Learn before you post. Your post was not in any way useful whatsoever (but it was funny, even though it wasn't meant to be...)

To the *original* poster, the answer is: depends. On many, many things. One system *may* be much faster than the other, but without a *lot* of detail on your database and it's associated applications and usage patterns *no-one* can answer your question, so disregard any *specific* advice you may get. Christ, you don't even mention what OS or version of Oracle you are using!

Go away and do some design and analysis. If you don't have the skills, get some in.

Steve Phelan.