Re: HELP DEPLOYING FORMS AND REPORTS OVER THE INTERNET

From: Tim McConechy <tmcconec_at_gulf.uvic.ca>
Date: 1998/02/26

Hi!
Deirdre Glascoe wrote:

> I am trying to deploy existing forms and reports over the internet
> I am using WEB APPLICATION SERVER 3.0 AND Forms 5.0., Internet Explorer
> v. 4.0
> The existing forms and reports were originally created in forms 4.5 but
> I recompiled them under 5.0 and everything works fine.
> The problems that I am having are as follows:
> 1)It is not clear to me how to implement the HTML parameter form for
> reports.

Here is a sample form that works for me....<HTML> <HEAD><TITLE>Developer/2000 for the Web</TITLE> <!--<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" Content="80; URL=index.html"></HEAD> //-->
</HEAD>
<BODY><BR>Please wait while the Forms Client class files download and run.

      <BR>This will take a second or two... <P>

<!-- applet definition (start) -->
<APPLET CODEBASE="web_code/"

        CODE="oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main"
        ARCHIVE="f50all.jar"
        HEIGHT=20
        WIDTH=20>

<PARAM NAME="serverPort"
       VALUE="9999">

<PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
       VALUE="module=e:\orant\ows\3.0\web_docs\web_apps\cl-star3_50.fmx
             userid=scott/tiger_at_orcl quiet=yes">

<PARAM NAME="serverApp"
       VALUE="default">

</APPLET>
<!-- applet definition (end) -->

</BODY>
</HTML>

Note: You will need to change server port...Form directory ect..

> When I pass the reports server a URL without a PARAMFORM
> parameter the report runs fine. However when I pass the reports server
> a URL with PARAMFORM=YES. The report's parameter form is displayed, but
> once I submit the parameter form i get an internal error message. Am I
> supposed to specify something in the Before Form Escape. Also I am
> confused as to how to use FORM ACTION - _ACTION_ AND THE HIDDEN
> PARAMETER BUSINESS.

Not sure but try quiet=yes not sure what it does but I have no problems...See above form.

> 2) I am also experiencing the following problems with the form itself
> a) When I press File Exit, the form does not exit.

Not sure.

> b) The form is not recognizing the working directory set in
> FORMS50_PATH
Put the directory its not recognizing first in the forms50_path list.

> b) When I press a button that has a 'call form' command attached to
> the when button pressed trigger ... the form is not called. I thought
> this had something to do with the working directory not being
> recognized, but when I hardcoded the directory information of the form
> being called ... it still did not appear.
>
> PLEASE HELP.
>
> Also does anyone know of any books relating to the above. The existing
> Oracle Documentation is not very helpful.

Your right!

Good Luck. Received on Thu Feb 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message