New PL/SQL Recompile Utility

From: Cam White <info_at_revealnet.com>
Date: 1998/02/24

A More Sophisticated Recompile Utility
By Solomon Yakobson

A message from Steven Feuerstein:

Solomon has shared with us a robust, fully-developed utility to recompile any invalid PL/SQL program units. His solution makes extensive use of DBMS_SQL and also the Oracle dependency views so that programs are recompiled in the order necessary to resolve any inter-dependencies.

On behalf of the many PL/SQL Pipeliners, we at RevealNet thank Solomon for providing this very sophisticated mechanism...and we encourage other developers to do the same. If you have built a utility that you feel may be useful to others, please send me a note at feuerstein_at_revealnet.com!

Visit the PL/SQL Pipeline at http://www.revealnet.com/pipeline.htm for lively technical discussions with Oracle Developers around the world. Download free white papers and utilities from the "Archives" section. Take a shot at answering the monthly "PL/SQL Puzzler" and your name will be entered into a drawing for a free technical book from O'Reilly & Associates. The PL/SQL Pipeline is hosted by best-selling author Steven Feuerstein and sponsored by RevealNet.

Free Trial Software Now Available:

Oracle Administration Knowledge Base (15 Day Trial) Oracle PL/SQL Knowledge Base (15 Day Trial) PL/Vision Professional Code Library (60 Day Trial) DB2/MVS Knowledge Base (15 Day Trial)

Trial software is available at http://www.revealnet.com

Best wishes,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
800-738-3254
202-234-8557 Received on Tue Feb 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message