Mass printing from Oracle Web Generator generated pages

From: (wrong string) üthi <luethi_at_webshuttle.ch>
Date: 1998/02/23

Hi,
[Quoted] I'm currently working on an Designer/2000 generated Web Application (ported from some old Cobol Code). Once an year we need to print approximatly 45'000 pages and 15'000 each month. In the old version we simply send a print file to the printer. But with this solution there are no possibilities to format the text.
One solution is the use of Winword and write file for serial output of about 1000 pages per file.
The second solution is to use the report generator, but as we are a project that should show the possibilities (and prove the ability) that a port to a Web application is possible, this is not the best aproach. Has anyone some expierience with this kind of problem?

Thanks, Roland Received on Mon Feb 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message