Re: CREATING VIEWS

From: <ga11742_at_pop.iperbole.bologna.it>
Date: 1998/02/22

A view is only a database defined query, it does not contain any data: to select data from view is the same of execute a query on your three tables:
so you cannot create indexes on views, but you can create indexes only on
the tables on witch your view is created. Typically, with joins, you have to create indexes on the fields included in the
where condition. For more informations on indexing strategies, referes to
manuals.

Bye