oci orlon(), 6221 error, & NT Service

From: Smeest <smeest_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/21

    [Quoted]
  • NT 4.0.
  • Oracle 7 using named pipes
  • MS Visual C++ program using oci function calls
  • MS Visual C++ service (non oci) which execs the above pgm, as well as others

[Quoted] I have an NT service that kicks off programs (starts, stops, and reports status [Quoted] on programs) using the "CreateProcess()" function.

The program I am trying to kick off gets a 6221 error (named pipe busy) when [Quoted] doing an orlon() call.

I can exec other programs (non oci) from this service without problems.

I can exec the program in question with the CreateProcess() command from a "non-service" program, and can run the program from the command line without [Quoted] any problems (does orlon() without problems).

Anyone seen this problem before or have any suggestions?

Thanks... Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message