Re: Help!!!!!!

From: Adrian G. Klingel <klingela_at_nospam.nt.com>
Date: 1998/02/21

Here's what you may need to do:

First of all, make sure your block is capable of displaying multiple records. I would tell you how to do this, but I don't know what version of forms you are working on (character or GUI).

Second, forget the cursor. In the properties of the block, put this in the WHERE clause:

rownum < :employee.input + 1 and salary < 4000

When you execute the query on that block, the correct number will be brought back. I am assuming that :employee.input is based on a block that displays only one record. Make sure you put some tests in your form to insure an integer value for :employee.input. Also, remember that if there are only 5 people with salaries greater than 4000, and the user specifies more than that, then only 5 will show up. I tested this in Developer/2000 v2.0. Hope this helps.

Adrian Klingel
Consultant Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message