Creating database instance in Personal Oracle 7

From: Marty Nord <nordtm_at_inct.net>
Date: 1998/02/21

Can anyone tell me all the steps necessary to create a seperate database instance in Persoanl Oracle 7. I have tried several things. I can't get the CREATE DATABASE command to work. The Oracle Unleashed book that I have says that I need to use SQLDBA to do this. When I load SQLDBA the Oracle database starts up on my PC. Then, I am supposed to CONNECT INTERNAL. I have to STOP DATABASE and then CONNECT INTERNAL and then I try to CREATE DATABASE but I am doing something wrong.

If you know where I can get a nice walk through on how to create a database/seperate instance in Personal Oracle 7 I would greatly appreciate it. If possible, can you email me your reply to nordtm_at_inct.net.

Thank you! Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message