Re: FORMS 4.5 - Multiple Selections

From: Phouka <phouka_at_frii.com>
Date: 1998/02/20

Ariel Kirson wrote:
> Is there some way of selecting multiple records
> from a table in oracle forms 4.5 ?

I have implemented this in several forms, creating the same behavior as the windows shift- and controlclicks  to select single or multiple items.

The block requires a non-database field (just a Y/N flag). When the mouse is clicked on an item in the block, evaluate system.mouse_button_shift_status to determine whether to set this single item, a contiguous block of items, or multiple items. It employs the display_item function with several visual attributes to highlight multiple records, and sets the flag for each selected row. Then, a simple loop through the records can process all those marked as Y.

I have some pretty extended examples of code to do this (as well as code to redisplay multiple selections) if anyone is interested, please drop me an email and I can provide them.

Robin Fingerson
phouka_at_frii.com Received on Fri Feb 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message