Pro*C: "unable to open error message file" YIKES! HELP!

From: GHouck <2hksys_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1998/02/20

Any Pro*C Experts:

I am using Pro*C v2.2 with Oracle v7.3.x, and managed to mess with my user account on Windows NT v4, and now I have started getting the following message when invoking PROC22.EXE:

PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2

It looks like I may have lost something in the Registry, but I don't know what. My PATH appears to be adequate ...

I would re-install just the Pro*C product, but I cannot figure out how to select it during the OraInstall process, since it is not listed.

Does anybody know of a fix to above problem (error message from PROC22.EXE) or how to install just Pro*C without messing up the whole local database server, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff Houck
systems hk