Re: Works under SQL*Plus but not SQL*Forms procedure. ;-(

From: Steve Frampton <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.FOOBAR.ca>
Date: 1998/02/20

[From: header modified to thwart e-mail spam. See .sig for details]

stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu wrote:

: When you call a procedure that updates the database, the form is
: completely unaware of any changes being made.
:
: 1. Set an item on the form to itself (:blk.item1 := :blk.item1; ).

Ian Dixon <iand_at_syntaxis.demon.co.uk> wrote:

: I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who still has to support
: this :-)

What can I say, I work for a government bureaucracy called a school board. We're somewhat behind the times. :-)

: Are you sure that nothing happens at the database level? It looks
: to me like you have not changed any fields in the form that are
: defined as base table and are then using key-commit to run your update
: statement.

Correct.

: If this is the problem then the solution is to set one of the system
: variables just before the commit

This did indeed solve my problem.

I wonder why nobody made fun of my update SQL statement. Did I actually write it correctly? Hmmm...anybody looking for an Oracle developer? Must be located in Japan and be paying big bucks. :^)

Thanks for the tips, folks!

----------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >----------------
Steve Frampton <3srf(_at_)qlink.queensu.ca> http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf ----------- Please remove .FOOBAR from address before replying. ---------- Received on Fri Feb 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message