Re: Works under SQL*Plus but not SQL*Forms procedure. ;-(

From: Ian Dixon <iand_at_syntaxis.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/19

> I'm developing an SQL*Forms 3.0 application that allows the user to

[Quoted] I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who still has to support this :-)

> The code that updates the table is called from a procedure, which is
> in turn called by a key trigger. This code works perfectly when run
> from SQL*Plus, but when run within the SQL*Forms procedure, nothing
> happens!! (I get, "No changes to commit" on the message line).

[Quoted] Are you sure that nothing happens at the database level? It looks to me like you have not changed any fields in the form that are defined as base table and are then using key-commit to run your update statement. You will then get an error message from forms but the changes from the update will still be committed to the database.

[Quoted] If this is the problem then the solution is to set one of the system variables just before the commit - I think you need to set system.error_level to either 10 or 15 but you'd need to check the exact name and value.

Hope this helps

Ian Received on Thu Feb 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message