Web Forms applications

From: Susan Eck <seck_at_ci.tulsa.ok.us>
Date: 1998/02/17

Hi all,
[Quoted] We are in the process of redesigning our database and converting our Forms 3.0 forms to Forms 4.5. However, we have agencies outside of our network that are needing to access our system. In the past they have dialed in to our system into a telnet session and used the character mode v3.0 forms. This won't be possible with the GUI v4.5 forms.

We have tried to convert the forms in such a way that the same form can be used in GUI or character mode, but are finding that extremely difficult, if not impossible. In order to alleviate this problem, we are thinking about developing web-based forms so that they can be accessed over an intranet.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and/or has anyone had any experience in deploying web-based forms? BTW, we are currently running a 7.3.4 database but will soon be migrating to Oracle8.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Susan Received on Tue Feb 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message