Re: Setting SYSTEM_EDITOR variable?

From: Jason Nugent <ap958_at_chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: 1998/02/17

        Michael,

        Thanks fro your post. I did in fact get this working, and you CAN use word. The temporary file that Forms creates is a text file and you can have the option of saving to a different filename if you put other stuff in it (like underlining), but any changes you make that aren't strictly "text only" to the temp file get stripped out when you import it back into Forms. It works great.

                Thanks again,

                Jason

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, michael ringbo wrote:

> Hi Jason
>
> You must set the FORMS45_EDITOR entrance in your registry to point to
> your wanted editor. However you also have to set the editor preference
> of your editable fields of your forms to SYSTEM_EDITOR. Note: The editor
> have to ASCII - so no WORD.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Ringbo, mri_at_dde.dk

Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons)
ap958_at_chebucto.ns.ca         "Beneath this canvas monochrome
Certified Web Master           Wrapped in the shroud of this grey home
                              I'll paint a picture all my own
                              I'll paint a picture"
Live to ride,
  Ride to Live.	                    -Anacrusis

The Best Place for Sport on the net! - Sportscience www.sportsci.org