Re: HELP : Designer 2000 ver 1.3.2 installation notes

From: Adrian G. Klingel <klingela_at_nospam.nt.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

Call Oracle Support for an addendum on the install notes, because they've got 'em. I don't have my notes in front of me right now, but basically you can double up on all their recommended tablespace sizes, and you can eliminate the index tablespace that they tell you to put in there, unless you're going to have a ton of stuff in there. I lucked out when I installed it the first time, and double everything anyway. It was a new install, (as opposed to a repository upgrade), and it fired off and compiled off the packages and everything no problem. It was complete in 20 minutes on my NT platform. An big time repository upgrade is supposed to take about 6 hours. But if you call support, they'll fax you all the details. The info is probably available on their website, too (http://support.oracle.com). HTH. Adrian Klingel