Re: Separate Date & Time in Forms 4.5

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

>I'm writing an application in a Windows NT 4.0 environment. I have a
>date field that I want to display as two separate items. That is
>I want the date portion to show up as one item, and the time portion
>to show up as a separate item. The users will lauch queries based on
>date, and occassionally on date & time. Is there an easy way to
>accomplish this?
>
>Ed Jennings

If you are using a view for the base table, it's real easy - just modify the view definition to return the appropriate pieces (ie using the TRUNC). You will need to make the update statement splice them back together.

If you are not using a view for the base table, use a pre-query trigger see how much info the user has supplied, and modify the query to use 'between' or 'trunc' or something.

Hope that helps

Dan Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message