How to ask Forms 4.5 to wait for a few minutes.

From: Ranga Raghunathan <ranga1_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1998/02/15

Hello,

[Quoted]     When the Database connectivity is lost during the application startup, I want Forms to wait for 5 minutes before it tries to reconnect again. I have the following procedure called, when the database connectivity is lost.

Procedure RETRY_PR

    l_start_time     date := to_date (:system.current_datetime);
    l_curr_time      date;
    l_retry_time     integer;

BEGIN
    l_retry_time := :parameter.retry_min * 60; -- retry_min is passed as a parameter into the Form and will be 5 (minutes).

    l_curr_time := l_start_time;

    LOOP

        IF 24*60*60 * (l_curr_time - l_start_time) = l_retry_time THEN
            EXIT;
       END IF;
       l_curr_time := to_date (:system.current_datetime);
  END LOOP;
END; This code hangs my application. When I add a message statement inside the loop along with PAUSE, the logic works fine. I do not know what causes Forms to hang the application. Can anybody help me with this ?

Thanks
Ranga. Received on Sun Feb 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message