Reports 2.5: No format mask for char fields?

From: Todd Owers <ToddO_at_gcr1.com>
Date: 1998/02/13

[Quoted] [Quoted] The Reports 2.5 Reference Manual states: "Character values have no format [Quoted] mask. You cannot enter a format mask for fields with character values."

I find this fact surprising, because it is inconsistent with Forms 4.5, which does allow format masks on character fields. In my database, I did not store the hyphens in phone number and SSN fields, because the form would display them via the format mask. But when I print these fields on a [Quoted] report, there are no hyphens. Visually, it does not look good to see a phone number with all 7 digits pushed together.

Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Todd Owers
toddo_at_gcr1.com Received on Fri Feb 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message