Dev2 SQLNET2 on NT

From: Mark Aurit <mark_aurit_at_mail.northgrum.com>
Date: 1998/02/13

Ive been running Dev2k 1.3 under win95, accessing Oracle 7.3x on HP/UX and SQL*NET2. I only loaded the Oracle software on the CD, no extra products, and all was well.
Ive just moved to NT Workstation, so I loaded the SQL*NET for TCPIP products
and SQL*PLUS, to make sure I could connect. Under SQL*PLUS, I can specify the connect string and log into a SQL*NET1 database.
However, when I try to bring up EasyCFG, to define a SQL*NET2 connection, I get the message "SQL*NET must be loaded in order to run Configuration" (or something very close to that). HUH? Ive reinstalled a few times, adding an option here (such as Support Utilities) and there, but always the same. Obviously, SQL*NET 1 is available, as I can connect in SQL*PLUS. There wasnt a SQL*NET 1 and SQL*NET 2 option on the CD, just SQL*NET Client and SQL*NET for TCP/IP, both of which I loaded. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Mark_Aurit _at_ mail.northgrum.com Received on Fri Feb 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message