Re: Error initializing SQL*Plus

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

[Quoted] I suspect you're not finding the message file for one of the following reasons.

If you're invoking sqlplus on the server

  1. $ORACLE_HOME is not set. On unix msb files are found in product specific subdirectories below $ORACLE_HOME
  2. The files and/or expected location are not there. on Unix this would be $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/mesg

If your client server the location of the files would be c:/orant/pluss33 (assumes 32bit on NT). I'm sorry I don't know the approprate OS variable the program uses to find this location (could be $ORACLE_HOME as well).

Ken F.

Seow Boon <sbkoh_at_geocities.com> wrote in article <6bv40u$6a1$1_at_newton.pacific.net.sg>...