Using Oracle SQL over the Internet

From: David Howlett <amulet_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

[Quoted] Is it possible for one computer to access an Oracle SQL database on another computer, over the Internet?

[Quoted] [Quoted] One computer is an NT Server which contains some access tables and some ASP pages. The ASP pages need to open an Oracle SQL table on a different computer. This is normally done through an ODBC System DNS driver.

(I know that some products set up a Internet server service which is accessible over the Internet by a specified port. Such as IP address 2.2.2.2 port 83. Does Oracle have such a provision? How does JDBC operate?)

[Quoted] A lot of questions, I know. Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message