Visual Basic and Oracle

From: <rbamba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/11

Hi

[Quoted] [Quoted] At my work place, we are currently using Visual Basic (3.0, 4.0 - 16 bit, 5.0) as the application development tool with SQL Server 6.5 as our database. We are thinking about moving to ORACLE 8 as our back-end. I have the following questions:

  1. Has anybody out there made a similar move already? If so, what where [Quoted] your experiences? Was it a seamless move (yeah, right!)? 2. How easy/efficient is it to use VB in conjuction with Oracle? Is there any [Quoted] sort of performance penalty? 3. Are there any tools which can help convert from VB apps to ORACLE forms?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Rupa
(rupa_bamba_at_indymac.com)