Forms 4.5 (Need to clone a File Manager)

From: Rick Alexander <alexandr_at_capital.net>
Date: 1998/02/11

I needed to create a File Manager form on 95 (from within Oracle)! So I started with a host('DIR>TEMP_FILE'); Then read that file with TEXT IO into a block. Last; when I need delete a file I host(DEL FILE_NAME). Although this works; every host command brings up an ugly DOS COMMAND WINDOW!
Is there a way to get basic File Manager (Windows Explorer) functionality from within Oracle, and not use HOST commands. Basic functionality could include directory listing, file read, create, delete, rename, check attributes, filesize, ...

Any sample code out there, someone wants to send my way. I am sure other people have similar needs. Thanks in advance!
Rick Alexander
Email; alexandr_at_capital.net Received on Wed Feb 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message