Re: Designer/2000 support

From: <czetie_at_nospamus.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

Kevin Light wrote:

> I attended a PowerDesigner 6 demo this morning and was provided with
> some fairly disturbing information by a colleague that happened to be
> there. While it is second hand knowledge I'd like to know if anyone on
> this group can confirm or deny what was stated.
>
> The gist of the conversation was that Oracle corp was discontinuing its
> development/ enhancement and support of Designer/2000 and
> Developer/2000. Apparently the company wants to focus on some core
> technologies, namely its RDBMS and internet development.
>
> Is this the direction Oracle is, in fact, taking?

As Manager of Product Direction for Developer/2000, I can assure you that there is no truth whatsoever in this.

Incidentally, both Developer and Designer support internet development. Perhaps your colleague was confused by the emphasis in recent press stories on the Web capabilities of the tools? Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message