re: forms 4.5 help wanted quick!!

From: blak <blakpawn_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/09

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hope someone can help - I'm not finding Forms 4.5 very helpful....
(running developer 2000 on windows 95)

Question1: is it possible to change the colour of buttons on my forms
(bearing in mind the form also has to run on windows 3.11)

Question2:
I create block 1 based on table x.
I then create block 2 based on table y.
when I select the fourth tab 'Master Detail', it tells me that there are no master detail blocks and I cannot enter any join condition. Why??

Question3:
having failed that, I then created a relationship between the two blocks in the Navigator, however, when I run the form, I still only see the master detail block, and no fields from the detail block. Why??

Question4:
In my form, one of the fields is a primary key field. I have a quit button on that form - the when-button-pressed trigger states: "EXIT_FORM".
I want to be able to open the form and then click the button immediately to close it. However, when the form opens it wants me to enter a value into the primary key field and will not let me exit until I have entered some data into that field. It is OK if I do a query first.

a) is it possible to make the form open in enter-query mode?
b) how can I programmatically change the system mode?
c) what checks can I make to ensure the quit button works without
entering data?

Question5: what are the function keys - where can I find a list of them?
I know F9 - LOV
F7, F8 - enter-query & execute query
F6 - new record??
what about save and clear?

Question6: is there an on-line chat group where I can get immediate help from kind-hearted soles like yourselves?

Thanks very much - yours hopingly
Elaine C. Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message