Re: Privileges for Trigger

From: Jean-Bernard Legros <jbl_at_telmat-net.fr>
Date: 1998/02/08

In article <34DB14AA.40D03897_at_yahoo.com>, alexei_fox_at_yahoo.com says...

>Schemaowner B should grant alter on Table2 to Schemaowner A:
>GRANT ALTER ON Table2 TO A
>
>Regards,
>Alexei Fox
>
>Helmut Hahn wrote:
>
>> Hallo!
>>
>> I have a simple question. Concern two schemas say A and B. I need an
>> update Trigger on A.Table1
>> with 'update B.Table2 set ...'
>> How must provileges be granted to make this work? I only succeded with
>> system privilege 'alter any table' to schemaowner A.
>> But this is not what I want. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Helmut

B must do : grant update on Table2 to A; (object privilege) A update trigger of Table1 can do : update B.Table2 set ... then A do an update on Table1 and Table2 is updated too Received on Sun Feb 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message