Re: Changing Oracle Database Password

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1998/02/05

[Quoted] Jonathan Trifts schrieb am 05-Feb-98 14:44:04 zum Thema "Re: Changing Oracle Database Password":

>John hagen wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for a GUI tools/program which will allow non-tech uses to
>> change they own password on a oracle database. If anyone has one or
>> knows of one please write me at
>> john.hagen_at_digital.com
>>
>> Thank You

>Why not just save a copy of the script:

>alter user <username> identified by <new password>

>No you'right...it's not GUI, but even a non-technical person can type
>the sentence.

[Quoted] This works only if the users have the 'alter user' privilege, which they should not!
[Quoted] I wouldprefer this:

grant connect to <username> identified by <password>;

[Quoted] Hope that helps

Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de