Oracle Forms and Subclassing

From: Bill Baker <bbaker*_at_oo.net>
Date: 1998/02/04

Hi,

I have been going through the "Oracle Developer 2000 Handbook" , working through the examples, and seem to have hit a snag.

sorry for the long winded explanation.

This question is related to subclass and using attached libraries.

I'm using Oracle 8, and Dev 2000 2.0, both are the latest versions under NT Workstation 4.0

The situation is that I've attached the TalbotStand Library in the "Attached Libraries" node in the Object Navigator in Forms. It's a library that's supposed to have standard objects in it which I'm trying to subclass. I'm clicking on a object called SKILL in a datablock and then bringin up a property list

On page 135 in the second paragraph from the top, where the sentence "In the Subclass Information dialog box, set the module name to TALBOTSTANDARD from
the drop-down list ...."

I have followed all of the steps previous to this (including the attaching the standard Talbot library and even copy the related talbot files into the directory where the form is) but cannot seem to make this one work. when I click on the "Object Name" drop down all I have as options(these are the other fields in the data block as it turns out) is:
<NULL>
<NAME>
<ABILITY>

Instead of:
LIST from the Talbot library like the figure on the same page shows it should be. I have even went ahead and set the FORMS50_PATH to point to the directory my form is in.

One other thing of note. If I go the the directory where I put the source code that I downloaded from the website for the book, and I try to open the workerskill form that this example cover from Forms, It complains about not being able to the find the LIST item, and gives the path that is related to where I have placed the application I'm developing, which is different than where I have placed the source code, EVEN though both directories are in the forms path.

Can you provide me with any hints or suggestions about this?? Could it be a problem with the talbot lib I pulled down?? I have a feeling it is related to the path.

Thanks for any help!

Bill Baker
bbaker_at_oo.netNOSPAM remove NOSPAM to reply. Received on Wed Feb 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message